Campus Administration – Who Handles What?
Below are the roles of each administrative unit on campus related to Service Centers:
Office of Cost Analysis
- Reviews and approves use rates for Service Centers that charge Contract and Grant (ledger 5) projects
- Administers guidelines for the development of this use rate
- Responsible for adhering to OMB Circular A-21 and other Federal guidelines when assisting campus in the development of use rates
- Responsible for establishing new, self-supportive Trust Funds, also known as upper ledger 3 Service Centers (3-7xxxx)
- Administers the state and University guidelines that govern the operation of the account
- Visit the Controller’s Office website for more information on these self supportive accounts that they refer to as “Trust Funds” (opens in new window or tab)
- Responsible for all aspects of establishing and monitoring “lower half” ledger 3 project ID’s
- Administers the state and university guidelines that govern the operation of this type of account
Lower half ledger 3 projects do not have to be self supportive since these accounts are subsidized by state funding and the balance in the account reverts at the end of the fiscal year.
Note: Contact the Budget Office (opens in new window or tab) if you have questions regarding a lower level 3 account that does not relate to charging a C&G project.
Sponsored Programs and Regulatory Compliance
- Reviews Testing services agreements
- Check the TSA section of the SPARCS site for further information (opens in new window or tab) or Contact Ginny Moser at 919-515-7686